Friday, April 16, 2010

In Hibernation

Hey Fam and Friends!


It’s been 4 months since I last posted- am I lazy or what? I guess we’ve been hibernating all winter, so not many things to report. Winter was cold, grey, wet, grey, windy, and did I mention grey?? But we survived and are ready for a fabulous summer! The weather has been really nice the past few weeks with hardly a gray day (why is there two ways to spell that word?) Spring here we come!
Our summer plans include a week in Wales, possibly a trip to Ireland, a few castles, the “seaside,” and Lego Land a few times. That’s lots of plans so we’ll see what time and budget allows!
We are possibly moving houses in the next month or so. This place is a bit further away but it has much needed space, and another big plus- it’s in the country so we feel right at home! There is a horse pasture right next to the house, a 13th century church beside that, and a river in the back. Lots for Hunter to explore. As for me, I plan on sneaking the horses apples :)
I’ll post some pics as soon as I know the place is ours.


Another big thing going on in our house is homeschooling!







Hunter and I started about 5 weeks ago and it’s going really well! It’s preschool work focusing on phonics and math,








and of course art projects........




I’m hoping he’ll be reading fairly well by the end of the year and we can start kindergarten work. Say a prayer for us as we travel this road!


Lots of love to everybody- hope all is well!


~Candace


PS- I’ll be back posting some the trips we took earlier this year and late last year pretty soon. I guess we did do a few things during the winter…

No comments:

Post a Comment